FAST FREE SHIPPING ALL OVER THE WORLD*

BLACK WATCH (WEATHERED)

In 1725, General George Wade, the commander of British forces in North Britain authorised the formation of six independent companies of troops to police the Highlanders. One company was raised by Col William Grant of Ballindalloch. The companies were known locally as the 'Black Watch' and were eventually consolidated to form the 43rd (later 42nd) Royal Highland Regiment. The Independent Companies wore a dark blue, black and green plaid which was woven by over sixty weavers in Strathspey, the country of Clan Grant

Join the GS VIP Club

Become a VIP Club member and receive all the discounts, promotions, news and sneak previews!

Please select a wishlist category