- Tape measure (retractable one is ideal)
- Step ladders, if necessary
For working out the width (W), take your steel tape measure and measure the full length of your pole or track.
For pencil pleats or pinch pleats on a track, measure the curtain drop (D) by starting from the top of the track, and for pencil pleats on a curtain pole, start your measurement from the eye of the curtain rings (where you’ll be hooking your curtains into).
Measure from either of these points down to your chosen end point (you may wish to skim the floor or you may wish to ‘puddle’ the cloth on your floor) and that’s your drop measurement.
- Measure the curtain track or pole width - not the window width
- If you are fitting a new track or pole this should extend 15cm to 20cm either side of the window and at least 15cms above the window.
- If you'd like to order a single curtain - for a door or hallway for example, follow the same measuring process - and give us a call!
- If your track has an overlap in the centre, measure the full width of the track - and add to this to the width of the overlap. Your total cm/inches is the width.
Call us if you have any questions at all and we will happily walk you through this part.