Returns, Refunds, Promotions & Competitions
No Quibble Guarantee
We're so confident about the quality of our products, we offer a full No Quibble Guarantee. If for any reason you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can exchange it for something else or get a full refund. Simply return any unused items to us, with tags attached and a valid receipt or invoice, within 60 days (See Exchanges and Returns below).
The only exceptions to this are gift vouchers, sample sale items and altered and custom items. Sale items and altered and custom items, may only be returned if faulty.
Special Order items (- a purchase arranged directly with us that is outwith our normal stock) are strictly non-refundable, due to the fact they have been specially manufactured for you specifically.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, discount codes cannot be applied to already reduced items. Transactions where this is attempted will be voided.
From time to time various promotions and/or discounts are made available to our valuable customers. These promotional codes, offers and discounts are individual and are not able to be combined on any one transaction. Unless stated otherwise, codes are valid for a single transaction only. Discount codes only apply to full-price items.
Exchanges & Returns
If you need to exchange an item for a similar item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and also send your item to: Great Scot. Please see below for address details. We offer complementary shipping for your first exchange only.
To return your product, please mail it to: Great Scot, 149 High Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1DS, SCOTLAND, UK.
Please pay for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
We recommend using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Once your return is received, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 5-10 days. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping in most cases will be deducted from your refund.
Please note: If you make a purchase using the Paypal option, then depending on the method of payment used it may take up to 30 days to receive your refund. This is to do with the way Paypal works, and Great Scot can have no bearing on their Terms & Conditions. Please ensure you are familiar with Paypal's policies before making your purchase.
Shipping costs are non-refundable, therefore when you receive your refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from the total.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of the above and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he/she will find out about your return.
Great Scot Lay-Buy Plan
What you need to know about the Plan:
- Great Scot reserves the right to suspend the Lay-Buy payment option during Flash Sales & Promotions.
- Record of Payment When you purchase through the plan, PayPal will email you a breakdown of the details and agreement. We can also tell you about your payment plan details, the amount(s) paid to-date and the outstanding amounts of all future pending payments as per your agreed Lay-Buy Plan. Simply get in touch with us via email@example.com or by using the green live 'Chat' button on our website.
Storage and Identification of Lay-Buy Products
Product’s which you put on the Lay-Buy Plan cannot be purchased by anyone else. They will be set aside and stored separately with your name and details on them.
- Early Settlement or Payment Plan Extension. If you want to consolidate future payments in to a single payment to settle your plan early, we can easily help you to do that. We can also modify your plan if you would like to increase the number of months over which you pay down your plan (up to a maximum of 6 months). To settle early, or to extend your plan simply let us know your requirements via emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the green live 'Chat' button on our website.
Great Scot will only dispatch your order immediately after receiving the final instalment payment for your Lay-Buy Plan.
If you do not meet the terms of your Lay-Buy or you wish to cancel your plan early for a refund.
Great Scot will
- Allow you 14 days to catch up on your payment plan.
- Cancel your Lay-Buy and refund to you any monies paid less 20% of your order value.
- Any remaining monies will be refunded within 14 days.